Monday 7 September 2009

Welcome to the blog

Once upon a time, I used MSN Messenger. It gave me an option to write a blog. I tried a couple of times, writing random stuff about school, then college, and about writing, of course, since I'm a writer. Then the Myspace phase came along and I discovered I could blog there, too, so my MSN profile blog became neglected in favour of the Myspace blog. It's been quite a long time since I last wrote on that, and Myspace is dead these days. I have Facebook, but as far as I'm aware, you can't so obviously blog there. I haven't yet jumped on the Twitter wagon, and I thought I might just start up a separate blog...

And here we are. The first blog.

As I mentioned above, I'm a writer. Lizzie became my internet name many years ago, although it's not my preference in real life. I doubt it'll be on the front of any books if I were to ever get published. However, it is my username around the world wide web. It comes from His Dark Materials. Lyra, the main character, calls herself Lizzie when she is trying to avoid detection. It sums me up in many ways, I suppose... Although Hermione from Harry Potter is also another ficticious character that I relate to in far too many ways.

I should say that I'm primarily a children's fantasy author, although I have dabbled in other genres and with other target markets. It gives me an excuse to wander into the kids' and YA sections of bookstores and ignore the funny looks: all part of the market research, folks!

I have two complete novels, a few short stories, and a small amount of poetry. I hope to expand those two novels into series, although I have plenty of other ideas, too. I don't know if I'll ever get published, but writing isn't about being published, really. It's a compulsion. It's a part of what I am. No, it is what I am.

Anyway, I've probably rambled on for long enough this time. Welcome to the blog. Don't expect it to be updated too regularly. I don't have any 'big' plans for it!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment