Saturday 9 September 2023

Buns for Tea

 

I have exciting news: I can finally call myself a published writer!

This month, I reached a shortlist on The Bi-monthly FreeFlash Fiction Competition, which results in publication on the website and a small prize of £20 (minus the £3.50 entry fee, of course). A real earning from my writing! The story itself is only 300 words, so it ends up at about six pence per word. But the validation is priceless.

The shortlisted story is called ‘Lost Property’ and can be read here. Warning: it is a very dark story exploring how aspects of modernity may enable predatorial behaviour.

I should also give a huge shout out to all the critters on CritiqueCircle who gave feedback on an earlier draft of this story. I made a lot of substantial changes based on their input before I entered the story into this competition.

Write, edit, submit: the strategy is beginning to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment